History needs to repeat itself!

>> Monday, December 14, 2009

Lots of people don't know this about me but I used to be a potter. I mean, hard core... Move to like Asheville North Carolina, Potter. We are talking overalls and no shoes! I prob wouldn't even use my straighten, kind of potter. Well than parts not true. But I loved it! I loved getting messy and it was freaking amazing when I would create this bowl, mug, or what have you out of dirt. Full on dirt. I love drinking my tea or coffee out of something I created. I starting playing with dirt my freshman year of high school. I was taught by the wonderful, Mrs. Torrance. She was amazing! I learned so much from her. Then I graduated and went to FAU. I went into overtime finishing my pre-recs to get into a pottery class. That was when I met my professor Mr. McCoy! Talk about a Potter. He was kind, patient. An incredible teacher. I learned so much about myself then. I knew that I was happy. i knew that if I won the lotto I would have a studio and this would be my thing. Well after I left college I haven't found a place to get dirty again. I emerced myself deeper into just photography. Building my business and I see my photos and I love them. All the while feeling as if they are inspired by my dirty messy past. That might be why I love the vintage look. I love textures and it is just one other way for me to create. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE photography, Photography is my thing. But I also was really great at pottery! In-fact my mother won't give me all my great pieces back. Which is fine. The only thing is that I feel like I really started to find my niche in Pottery. Like unique 'me-esq' type of things. That's just one more thing I would love to add to my crazy life! But now you might see why I have an attachment to the vintage, dirty looking, sun-inspired pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Patrick Maxcy December 16, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

i know you as the awesome potter. I still and will always have that little fruit bowl you made. Thanks :)

Kimbrr December 16, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

awe... thanks Mr. Maxcy... your work is absolutely stunning! If you have anymore shows in orlando or Melbourne let me know! im totally down!

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP